Connect With Us
CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS AND LINKAGES (CIAL)
Commitment to Institutional Vision and Mission
Anchoring on its mission to be an academic institution providing quality instruction, developing innovative researches and engaging in responsive extension programs; that is committed to produce competent and socially responsible individuals who can carry out responsibilities for the local communities and global community, the Central Mindanao Colleges has been consistently reaching out to its internal and external stakeholders especially from academic institutions, research institutes, private sector and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in the country and abroad to be able to develop its human and logistical resources in order to contribute to the achievement of its vision to be a premier academic institution providing holistic education in pursuit for global excellence.
For 75 years of CMC, one of the priorities of the institution is to build meaningful collaborations and linkages with local and international partners in pursuit of sustaining the academic and non-academic excellence the college has been providing to its clientele as well its partner communities.
In 2016, through Memorandum Order No. 55[i], the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) has affirmed the importance of Internationalization of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). Article II of the CMO enumerates its objectives which includes to (a) articulate the Philippine higher education internationalization policy to provide national perspective and context for various initiatives related to internationalization as well as (d) to set the principles to guide Philippine HEIs in pursuing internationalization.
Knight (2003) defines internationalization of higher education in its broadest sense involves the integration of international, intercultural or global dimensions to HEIs purpose, functions and/or delivery[ii]. Knight and de Wit (1997) also described it to involve the process of interchange of higher education between nations, between national systems of higher education and between institutions of higher education.
Section 2 of the CMO 55 s. 2016 also underscored that there are two (2) pillars of internationalization: (1) home-based (within national borders) and (2) cross-border which are closely linked and are interdependent. The former takes place through collaborations and linkages with foreign HEIs, often enabled by information technology, without the stakeholders involved moving out of the national territories while the latter can involve mobility of concerned stakeholders.
Considering the aforementioned pillars, CMC has been involved mostly on home-based Internationalization but is hopeful that in due time, it can also be involved in cross border initiatives once necessary requirements are complied.
In compliance to the aforementioned CMO and to manifest its commitment to uphold the significance of internationalization in the system of the institution, the Central Mindanao Colleges has officially established the Center for International Affairs and Linkages (CIAL).
The Center for International Affairs and Linkages (CIAL) is mandated to:
- Collect quarterly , maintain regularly and monitor the records local and international linkages and collaborations of all offices of the institution;
- lead in establishing and monitoring institutional linkages and partnerships with local and foreign academic and non-academic institutions to initiate local and international programs, projects and activities;
- consolidate and promote academic and non-academic foreign exchange programs, international conferences, trainings, workshops and other related activities;
- assist in the processing of application of CMC undergraduate and graduate students/ alumni who are interested in foreign exchange programs and further studies;
- assist in the processing of necessary documents of faculty and researchers of CMC and of partner foreign institutions involved in research collaborations in the country and abroad;
CENTER KEY PROGRAMS
The CIAL shall offer services including but not limited to:
1. RECORDS KEEPING OF LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL LINKAGES AND COLLABORATIONS
The center shall be the primary office of the institution that shall facilitate the inventory, consolidation and