The BS Criminology Program is under the College of Criminal Justice Education started in 1970 as a 2-year program offering an “Associate in Criminology.”
In 1972, the government granted its permit to offer and operate the Bachelor of Science in Criminology up to the present.
In June 2014, the Bachelor of Science in Criminology of Central Mindanao Colleges produced a Top 3 in National Criminologist Licensure Examination in M.S. MARY FE TAGO-ON.
Likewise, in June 2019, the College again produced a Top 8 in National Criminologist Licensure Examination in the person of M.R. ANGELO LORENZO ANDRADA.
After you graduate from the program, you will be given a Bachelor of Science in Criminology degree. After passing the Board Examination, you will become Criminologist, and you will be issued a Licensed to practice your profession as a Criminologist provided in R.A. 11131.
The Bachelor of Science in Criminology program under the Criminal Justice Education, a four-year degree intended for individuals who wish to have a career in law enforcement, security administration, crime investigation and detection, prevention of crimes, and correctional administration.
The program teaches students the various theories, policies, practices, and laws associated with criminal behavior and the methods applied to manage deviant activities.
SUBJECT AND CURRICULUM
- Criminal Laws (Book 1 & 2)
- Criminal Procedure & Court Testimony
- Criminal Evidence
- Introduction to Criminal Justice System
- Human Rights Education
- Cyber Crime and Environmental Laws and Protections
LAW ENFORCEMENT ADMINISTRATION (LEA)
- Law Enforcement Organization and Administration
- Comparative Models in Policing System
- Industrial Security
- Law enforcement operation and Planning w/ Crime Mapping
- Forensic Ballistics
- Forensic Photography
- Personal Identification Techniques
- Forensic Questioned Documents
- Lie Detection Techniques
- Forensic Chemistry
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION AND DETECTION
- Fundamentals of Criminal Investigation and Intelligence
- Specialized Investigation with Legal Medicine
- Specialized Crime Investigation with Interrogation and Interview
- Traffic Management and Accident Investigation w/Driving
- Fire Protection and Arson Investigation
T ECHNICAL ENGLISH
- Technical English 1
- (Investigation Report Writing)
- Vice and Drug Education and Controls
- Technical English 2 (Legal forms)
SOCIOLOGY OF CRIME
- Characteristics Formation, Nationalism and Patriotism
- Introduction to Criminology
- Theories of Crime & Causation
- Values Education with Personality Development
- Human Behavior and Victimology
- Character Formation with Leadership, Decision Making Management, and Administration
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Research 1 & 2
- Institutional Corrections
- Non – Institutional Corrections
- Therapeutic Modalities
- General Education Courses
- National Service Training Program (ROTC)
- Physical Education Course
Graduates of B.S. in Criminology are expected to be able:
a) Apply knowledge essential to the conduct of criminological research on crimes, crime causation, victims, and offenders
b) to include deviant behavior;
c) Apply knowledge, skills essential to the practice of crime detection and investigation and fields of criminalistics;
d) Apply knowledge, skills in criminal law, evidence, and procedure;
e) Apply knowledge, skill in law enforcement administration;
f) Apply knowledge, skills in handling offenders’ welfare and development for their re integration into the community.
Graduates of B.S. in Criminology may pursue a career path in university settings, research institutions, prison facilities, and law enforcement agencies. They may apply in all law enforcement agencies, academe, forensic photographers and examiner, probation officers, court warrant officers, Bureau of Correction, Security Agencies and Private Investigators.
SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT:
FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/cmc.criminaljusticeeducation
Dean, Dr. Rolando Poblador Phone number : 09237215161
CCJE Secretary: Ms. Shaira Jane Oczon
Phone number: 09501969318